1. Important Dates (Main Conference)
Date of Main Conference: June 18 - 20, 2013
Paper Submission [Abstract Submission(Free format, 1-2 pages(s), to review)]: by April 30, 2013 (Extended !!)
Paper Review: April 4 - May 13, 2013
Review Results(Acceptance/Reject) Notification: April 25 - May 14, 2013
Registration/Final Camera-ready(Paper for Publication, 3-4 pages) Submission: by May 28, 2013 (Final Extension !!)
2. Important Dates (for Invited Sessions/ Workshops: To Organizers)
Accepted Papers Notification to Main Conference: by May 18, 2013
Accepted Papers Upload to Conference System: by May 25, 2013
Registration/Final Camera-ready Submission: by May 30, 2013
• Submitted papers will be assigned to 3 reviewers (2 Program Committee members and 1 invited reviewer) within 1-4 working days.
• Please be well-acquainted with the review process which can be found at the main menu.
1) Authors of distinguished selected papers will be invited as special issues of the SCOPUS/INSPEC indexed international journals.
• Most papers will be recommended to special issues of the following SCOPUS/INSPEC indexed International Journals.
• Only invited papers from the conference can be submitted onto one of AICIT's eminent international journals (IJACT, JDCTA, JCIT, AISS, IJIPM and JNIT) as special issue. If your paepr is invited by commitee, you may receive the invitation letter after the conference.
- IJACT (SCOPUS) (http://www.aicit.org/ijact)Confirmed!
- JDCTA (SCOPUS) (http://www.aicit.org/jdcta)Confirmed!
- JCIT (SCOPUS) (http://www.aicit.org/jcit)Confirmed!
- AISS (SCOPUS) (http://www.aicit.org/aiss)Confirmed!
- IJIPM (SCOPUS) (http://www.aicit.org/ijipm)Confirmed!
- JNIT (SCOPUS) (http://www.aicit.org/jnit)Confirmed!
2) Authors of distinguished selected papers will be invited as special issues of the SCI(E) indexed international journals.
Paper Types and Format, Presentation
• After acceptance of the paper with review, 2-4pages of Camera-Ready Paper should be prepared.
1) Paper Types
- Full paper
- - Oral/Poster
- - RNIS Research papers
- - 6 pages (maximum of 2 more pages are allowed with additional page charges.)
- Regular paper
- - Oral/Poster
- - RNIS Research papers
- - 4 pages (maximum of 2 more pages are allowed with additional charges.)
- - Paper Format: Papers submitted for review must be in the RNIS Format.
- - All papers should be written in English.
- - Extra pages will incur additional charges.
- - Detailed information on registration will be announced by AICIT's system mail with the registration form.
- - Please kindly follow the 'Formatting and Layout Instructions'
2) Presentation Type/ Material
- Language: English
- Full/ Regular paper: Oral/ Poster
- - Oral: PPT File / Presentation for 10-15 minutes.
- - Poster: Bristol Board (90cm WIDE x 120 cm HEIGHT) OR A4-size (6-8 pages, PPT Style)
ICMIA, 2013 5th International Conference on Data Mining and Intelligent Information Technology Applications will be held in Jeju Island from June 18 - 20, 2013. Selected papers will be published in international journals as revised monographs.
Introduction to ICMIA
Objectives and Vision
In this decade, with advancements in data mining, many new models
and tools in discovering knowledge and extracting intelligence
brought forth revolutionary developments in information technology
(IT) applications in business world as well as other industries.
Some examples are intelligent agents, knowledge-driven trading
systems, optimized scheduler for logistics, decision support
systems, forecasting applications, and other emerging collective
intelligence applications such as Web 2.0. Data mining can be viewed
as the core underlying techniques that enable the IT applications
with actionable intelligence and knowledge. While Data Mining
evolves with innovative learning algorithms and knowledge discovery
techniques, IT applications harness the results of data mining for
becoming more intelligent than ever.
ICMIA, which stands for International Conference on Data Mining and Intelligent Information Technology Applications, is a platform for the two research directions to converge. It aims to provide an intellectual forum for researchers in academia, and practitioners and engineers from IT industries to present their latest research findings and to identify future challenges in this novel combination of research areas.
ICMIA serves as a convergent point for sparking new ideas and generating new synergies from experts of the two fields.
Technical Themes of Interest
We especially encourage paper submissions from the two categories of topics: Data mining and Intelligent IT applications, ranging from theories, algorithms, analysis, models, designs, applications to industry experiences. Topics include but not necessarily limited to the following areas:
- Data Pre-Processing, Data Transformation and Dimensionality Reduction
- Feature Extraction and Feature Selection
- Data Mining Algorithms
- Data Analytics Foundations
- Real-time Mining, Data Stream Mining, and Dynamic Data Mining
- Visual Mining and Data Visualization
- Statistical Learning Theory and Neural Network Research
- Graph Mining and Semi-Structured Data
- Spatial and Temporal Data Mining
- Uncertainty Modeling in Data Mining
- Web Mining
- E-Commerce, E-Business and E-Learning
- Web Information Systems
- Web Content Generation and Management
- Telecommunication and Wireless Communications
- Database Technology
- Data Modelling and Engineering
- Multimedia Technology
- Healthcare Applications and Medical Diagnosis
- Security and Forensic Applications
- IT Software Development and Methodology
- IT Applications for Agriculture Management
- Other Industrial Applications
- The Latest Advances in IT
- Convergence of Data Mining and Intelligent IT Applications
- How Data Mining Techniques have been used in IT Applications
- Novel Applications of Intelligent IT Techniques for Complex Systems
- Robustness and Scalability Issues of Intelligent IT Techniques
- Agent-based Data Analysis and Knowledge Discovery
- Intelligent Multi-gent Systems
- Intrusion Detection and Access Control Techniques
- Data-mining Applications for Terrorist Network Tracing
- Crime Modeling, Fraud and Misuse Detection
- Credit Scoring, Financial Modeling and Forecasting
- CRM, e-Marketing and e-Commerce Recommender
- Web Intelligence
- Prediction Systems
- Knowledge Management
- Decision Analysis and Decision Support Systems
- Industrial Applications of Business Analytics and Optimization
- Performance Evaluation in Intelligent IT applications
- Emerging Intelligent IT Applications and Lessons Learned
Paper/ Presentation Types and Paper Format: Click here
Selected papers will be fast-track reviewed for special issues in some eminent international journals.